Saturday, November 20, 2010

New job - check. New boy - umm.. no.

I know I should be updating my blog a little more.. Like really, it’s been a serious couple of weeks since I’ve put the pen to paper (or finger to keyboard.. same diff). 
I think over the past couple weeks I’ve deluded myself into thinking that this is a blog about dating… And I’m in a little dry spell (but more of that later).  However, when I think back to the purpose if this blog it’s to learn more about myself and things that I may have known or may not have.
That being said, I can now blog about my new job!  For the last year and half I’ve been working as a sales rep for a Fortune 500 Brand through an agency.  It was a great job and everything, but just wasn’t my bag.  Not enough of a challenge and overall just didn’t satisfy me.  So I started looking for a new job and landed one a couple weeks ago! I decided to go back to the marketing industry so I’m in Event Marketing again. This week was my first week and so far so good!  I said I wanted a challenge and to be able to think critically and problem solve and that’s exactly what I got.  I haven’t worn heels in forever and after this first week, my feet are killing me!  Also, I’m pretty exhausted after re-learning how to work 50+ hours a week.

So it was a little nerve racking on the drive there on the first day… Kinda brought me back to the first day of grade 9… Like.., OK, so do I have to sleep with the seniors to fit in and get with the “cool crowd”?  
Clearly the answer to getting ahead in this company wasn’t to sleep with the seniors (a.k.a. management), but to buckle down and work hard.  (Not that the aforementioned didn’t cross my mind.. joking!!..)
But overall, this first week has gone really well and I’m happy with the change of pace.

Now on to the dating scene… I mentioned in a prior post that my girlfriend was supposed to set up me up on a blind date.  She did set me up and it was scheduled to happen actually tonight.  Prior to that I did get a text from him a week before our date:
Him: Hey, its ____, Danielle’s friend.  How are you?
Me: Hey good to hear from you. I’m doing well thanks, u?
Him: I’m doing well, fairly busy.  Next weekend is still over a week away,  I just wanted to touch base
Me: Ya for sure.  I’m going home this w/e so that’s why it’s kind of a no-go.  But I’m in for next Sat. Do you have something spectacular planned? (No pressure or anything)
Him: Ha, no pressure at all! But no, I don’t have anything planned yet… Did you just use the word spectacular?
Me: I did indeed.  Too much? Lol. Ok, I’ll settle for dinner. Can’t blame a girl for trying, right?
Him: I’ll see what I can do J
So it was all good until he texted me earlier this week saying that he has to postpone our date because he has something to take care of.  Was I a little disappointed? Sure.  But my only hope is that he postpones until post-movember.  I just can’t get into a guy with a stache…

Other than that, it’s a complete dry spell.  On the upside though I do have an interesting “date(s)” lined up for next Saturday… more details to follow J

No comments:

Post a Comment